Franks Fragrances

Lisa Lilianstrom, Staff Photographer

Finding inspiration through his faith, Francisco Camacho decided to start his own business: Frank’s Fragrances.  Camacho has always loved candles and thought that they made great gifts for people.

Camacho has faith in God and said that the candles are inspired by the Holy Spirit. One day Camacho asked God to give him a business to help spread his kingdom and spread the gospel. Camacho believes that through his prayer, God gave him the creative idea to start a candle business.

“I didn’t choose a single thing when it came to designing it, God helped me out with that one,” said Camacho.

Franks Fragrances came to be popular among the student body some of the scents available are, apples, campfire, caramel apple, rustic wood and buttered popcorn. A Facebook post describes what the candles are made of  it is best described as all natural soy wax, has a cotton wick, and some of the best fragrance oils on the market. It comes in a 12oz Mason jar, a burlap favor bag, and a Vinyl sticker with “Franks Fragrances” logo.

One of the most popular of Frank’s Fragrances is “Campfire.”  For student Emma Soroka, “Campfire” was her favorite candle scent.

“I just love the smell of campfires, and no one else captured it quite like Francisco did,” said Soroka.

Not only is Camacho a good candle maker he is also described as a good business man, according to some students he was convincing when it came to selling the candles to students like student Dania Hassan.

“The flavor I bought was Raspberry Marmalade, he convinced me to buy and I am glad he did,” said Hassan.

The response was so positive Camacho has students asking him when he is going to make more all the time.

“I have always loved candles, and for the most part, everyone that I know likes candles, also,” said Camacho. “They smell good, are aesthetically pleasing, and area great gift.”

Camacho has high hopes for Franks Fragrances in the future. He already has had his candles featured in a Hallmark store in Crystal Lake, ILL..

“I plan on having my own store. I also plan to have my candles in many other stores, both locally and across the country,” said Camacho.