Saving money with student benefits

Amazon and Spotify are just two online retailers that offer student benefit discounts for students just like you. It can save you and your family hundreds of dollars on school supplies and all of your music needs.

Online websites like Amazon and Spotify actually give students free benefits and get discounts because they are college students.

Amazon gives students six months free for their Amazon Prime membership. To start a free six months of Amazon Prime membership, all you have to do is sign up at Amazon.com with a student email account and you will get the first six months free. With the six months free, you get free two-day shipping, unlimited photo storage within the prime photos, and deals on textbooks and other products. After the first six months, students can get 50 percent off of the total cost of the an Amazon Prime Membership according to Amazon.com.

Another website that has student discounts is the music streaming website, Spotify. The Spotify benefits are almost the same as the Amazon benefits except instead of getting the service for free, students will get 50% the premium service. With the premium service you will also be able to make your own playlist and listen to it wherever you want and whenever you want. Another major benefit that Spotify premium offers is no commercial breaks or ads in-between songs.

One student that currently has both Amazon Prime and Spotify premium is first year ECC student, Will Stringfellow.

“Heard out Prime while looking online for deals, and I heard about Spotify premium on their main page because they advertise it on their main page,” Stringfellow said.

Stringfellow was very excited about the benefits that students get with Amazon Prime.

“With the six months free, you get free two-day shipping; you get free streaming on videos including movies, videos, and music,” said Stringfellow.

With the new semester there were some deals that students could have taken advantage of including textbooks and other school related merchandise.

“There were some deals on shipping for stuff like textbooks, but the Amazon rental is the best on if you were to buy textbooks.” Stringfellow said. “I got my books from amazon, and with all four books combined I saved about four hundred dollars cheaper to rent it on Amazon then to buy them at the book store here at ECC.”

Now about the Spotify account, a student that is really excited about the benefits that you can get from a student account is first year student Jacob Carlson.

“I heard and made my Spotify account a couple months ago, I had heard about it before, but I had never made an account before a couple months,” Carlson said.

The main reason he made an account was to listen to music when he was doing leisure activities.

Another thing Carlson pointed out to tell other students is that the premium with a student account is only $4.99 a month compared to the $9.99 that you would have to pay without a student account. “ You get so much more with it, I would recommend it to anyone that has a student account and wants to have Spotify premium,” said Carlson.

Another student who is excited about having a student account with Amazon Prime is first year student here at ECC, is Ryan Boone.

“I currently have the Amazon student program and that gives me Amazon prime, which is really nice because I have to spend a lot of money on books, so when I get some stuff on here for free, it really helps,” Boone said.

Boone also mentioned that if you get a code and share it with a friend, both you and the friend will get anywhere from five to ten dollars free for you next purchase of whatever you want to buy.