• Newly elected Seth Hernandez, 2024- 25 Sudent Body President

News

Fresh faces to lead 2024-25 Student Government Cabinet

• New Law Legalizes Air Fresheners and Fuzzy Dice for Illinois Drivers

News

New Law Legalizes Air Fresheners and Fuzzy Dice for Illinois Drivers

• ECC Plans to Unveil New Mascot

News

ECC Plans to Unveil New Mascot

• Estudiante accediendo al sitio web FAFSA.gov el 20 de marzo de 2024.

News

Students face challenges amidst ‘A Better FAFSA Process’

• Angela Tovar and Shayndel Valles at the ACP Spring Conference in San Diego.

News

The Observer wins national awards at ACP Spring Conference

• Matthew Bishop and Alberto Mantovano

Human Interest

A Very Deep Goodbye for Matthew Bishop

• The hours for the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office at ECC in Building B.

News

What is FAFSA? Financial Aid Overview

• The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office and TRIO Office at ECC in Building B.

News

New FAFSA form available for 2024-2025 school year

• Student Life Coordinator Gaea Atta Moy works from her office at ECC.

News

New Law Guarantees Paid Time Off for All Illinois Residents

• ECC hosts early voting for Kane County residents March 5-6 outside of Building B.

News

Early Voting Underway

The Student News Site of Elgin Community College

Observer

Observer

Observer

Coach Bill Angelo
ECC Baseball Coach Nears 30th Season

Bill Angelo is entering his 27th season as ECC’s baseball head coach. He has had nearly 820 wins since...

Coach Bill Angelo
ECC Baseball Coach Nears 30th Season

My Honest Review on Coffee Haus

Daniel Nachampassak
A plate of vanilla ice cream sits on top of a crispy waffle from Coffee Haus sits on a countertop on Oct. 25, 2023.

Hello everyone! Today, I’m doing a review on Coffee Haus which is a cafe based in Illinois. They have locations in Schaumburg and South Elgin but the location that I went to is their South Elgin location. I went there on a weekday which is great because I can walk in the cafe with ease. Once I walked in the cafe, I was greeted with some nice calm music but also the unique aesthetic of the cafe. The employees were very nice and they paid attention to my order very well. 

Once I got my order, I sat down in one of their couches that they have and it was comfortable to sit at. I had to wait around 20 minutes to get my order so I was patient and sat on one of their tables in the meantime. Once I got my order, I sat down at a table where they have a bench on one side with a pillow next to it. I was amazed by the presentation of their waffles because it was neat and also beautiful to look at. The waffles have three scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel all over the plate.

Once I took a bite of the Vanilla Ice Cream and Waffles, I was surprised at how good the waffles are. I thought the waffles were going to be hard and dense but in reality, it was crispy and moist which I like. I like how they put the ice cream on top of the waffles because it adds a nice, creamy mouth feel but also the waffles soak into the ice cream very well. Also, I like the caramel drizzle and whipped cream so it adds a nice accent to the waffles. For the cookies and cream drink, it was delicious. It has a strong cookies and cream flavor but also the brown sugar jello pieces add a unique texture to the drink. I would give the vanilla ice cream & waffles a 9.5/10 and the cookies & cream drink a 8/10.

In conclusion, the cafe was amazing because it feels much different than a regular cafe because it has an asian themed menu but also the seating is unique. The best part about Coffee Haus is their menu is handwritten but also they have signs of their hours all over the store. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to be outside the box and try new things.