Lady Spartans end season with an unfavorable score of 2-12

Lance Lagoni

The ECC Lady Spartans versus the Cyclones of Moraine Valley college in the season’s final soccer match

Luz Silva, Managing Editor

The Lady Spartans’ season comes to an end after playing three back-to-back games.

“The last three games were very difficult,” said Head Coach Rick Ceh.

On Monday, Oct. 16 the Lady Spartans experienced their toughest loss of their season when competed against Harper College and lost by a score of 16-0.

The following day, the Lady Spartans faced Joliet Junior College, the number one team in their conference, for playoffs. Freshman Sierra Blazier scored in the Spartans’ 9-1 loss.

The Lady Spartans then closed their season on home turf against Moraine Valley Community College. Moraine Valley Community College ranked the number one team in Region 4. The Lady Spartans lost again, ending their season with a record of 2-12.

Although they had a tough end, Ceh recognizes the positives in their outcome.

“They certainly learned a lot of life lessons on how to dig deep, how to overcome and battle through fatigue. To show that their level of fitness has become top-notch because now they’re able to play an entire 90 minutes, three tough games in a row, and still walk away uninjured so it was really good,” said Ceh.

Their season did not play out as the Lady Spartans hoped and their results were definitely not what they expected, “It [the roster] looked to be, in August, to be very strong for us,” said Ceh.

The ‘Spartan 11’ is what Coach Ceh refers to the remaining 11 ladies that stayed committed and eligible up to the end.

“The bond that these young ladies found for each other, that is the most satisfactory for me,” said Ceh.

High hopes are in for next year, as preparation will begin earlier in the year in an effort to help the ladies improve their time management and better balance their life as student-athletes.