Know your campus

Jackson Wozniak, the Chair of PTK’s Vice President (left), and Emilio Edemni, Food Pantry co-officer (right) were reorganizing the food pantry that was recently expanded

Luz Silva, Editor-in-Chief

The Spartan Food Pantry is located in B175 and is open to all students. You’ll need to fill out an application on your first visit and show a school ID or your class schedule. You can stop by for snacks or groceries twice a week. The food pantry is run by Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society on campus and is open Monday through Wednesday 10 a.m to 2 p.m and Thursday from 12 to 3 p.m.

ECC Police
There are on-duty officers around campus and in the parking lots throughout the day, and they are available to assist students. They are able to help you with things like jump starting your car and even providing an escort to your vehicle. You can simply dial 7777 from any phone on campus for the ECC Police, or you can dial (847) 214-7777 or (847) 214-7778 for non-emergencies from a cell phone. For emergencies, it is recommended that you call 911.

Tutoring
There are many tutoring centers around campus that offer free services for a large variety of subjects.

The Tutoring Center is located on the second floor of the library, which is located in building C room C230.
They offer drop-in, private and online tutoring by professional tutors for many subjects. Drop-ins are free and unlimited. For any questions, contact the center at (847) 214-7256.

The Write Place provides assistance from English professors on anything from an essay for a class to college admission applications and scholarships. It’s located on the second floor of building B, room B274.

Hours: Mon. & Tues. 9 a.m to 7 p.m
Wed. & Thurs. 9 a.m to 6 p.m
They do close from 3 to 4 p.m
Friday 10 a.m to 1 p.m

The Math Lab is located on the second floor of building D. There are math professors available to help students with the different courses. They actually have the teacher’s edition of some books, so if you need to check your work that is also available. Their hours for the fall semester are 9 a.m to 6 p.m Monday through Thursday.

There is also a Chemistry tutoring center in building M, room M105.

Hours: Mon. & Tues. 9 a.m to 12 p.m, 1 to 8 p.m
Wed. 4 to 8 p.m
Thurs. 9 a.m to 1 p.m, 4 to 8 p.m
Fri. 10 a.m to 2 p.m
Sat. 9 a.m to 1 p.m

And finally, if you’re taking any health science classes, there is a tutoring center in building A to help with subjects like biology, anatomy and physiology. It is located in room A213.
Hours: Mon. – Thurs. 9 a.m to 5 p.m
Fri. 10 a.m to 2 p.m
Sat. 9 a.m to 1 p.m